Your Complete Guide to Visit The Last Supper in Milan
If you are in Milan, you should visit the Last Supper painting located at Santa Maria delle Grazie. The Last Supper is a mural painted by Leonardo da Vinci. It is widely considered one of the most important works by Leonardo da Vinci, along with his other paintings, the Mona Lisa, Vitruvian Man, and The Virgin of the Rocks.
Last Supper Opening Hours
- General Timings: Tuesday to Saturday, 8.15 AM to 7 PM
- Sundays: 2 PM to 7 PM
- Closed on: Every Monday, January 1st and December 25th
- Duration of Visit: The refractory which houses the Last Supper Painting is limited to groups of 25 people for a period of 15 minutes.
Best Time to Visit The Last Supper
Where is Last Supper Painting Located?
Address: Piazza di Santa Maria delle Grazie, 20123 Milano MI, Italy
Find on Map
Closest Landmark: Leonardo's Vineyard (800 Meters)
The Last Supper painting is located on the north wall of the refectory in Santa Maria delle Grazie in Milan. The Last Supper is located right opposite Leonardo’s vineyard which is also open to visitors. Santa Maria delle Grazie is very close to Milan's city center and easily accessible by public transport.
How to Reach The Last Supper Paitning
Duration : 5 Minutes
Take the metro red line from Duomo to Conciliazione.
From the Central Station Area, you can take the metro from Lima and get down at Conciliazione.
You can also take the metro from Centrale Fs to Cadorna Fn M2, close to Santa Maria delle Grazie.
Duration : 10-15 Minutes
Bus N25 stops at Cadorna, a 5 min walk from Santa Maria delle Grazie.
From Duomo di Milano, you can get on the NM1 bus which will stop at Cadorna.
Duration : 12 Minutes
There is a Tram stop right outside the Santa Maria delle Grazie which houses the Last Supper painting.
Tram 16 connects the Duomo di Milano to the Santa Maria delle Grazie
Know Before You Visit The Last Supper Painting
- Restrooms are available.
- At the museum's exit is a bookshop where you can buy books and items that were inspired by Leonardo's artwork.
- Locker facility available at the ticket counter.
- Accessible to people with motor disabilities.
- Tactile model of the Last Supper inside the Refectory.
- Audio description of the Last Supper is available on the museum's Android and IOS App.
- You can take photographs, for personal use only, flash photography is prohibited.
- Touching the works of art is prohibited.
- Smoking is forbidden.
How to Visit the Last Supper in Milan?
Frequently Asked Questions About Visiting The Last Supper
A. The Last Supper is located in Santa Maria delle Grazie convent in the city of Milan.
A. Yes, the Last Supper painting is open to the public at its original location in Santa Maria delle Grazie convent in the city of Milan.
A. The Last Supper painting is a renaissance master piece painted by Leonardo da Vinci. The painting shows the impeccable skills and clever use of perspective by Da Vinci.
A. You can book Last Supper tickets online.
A. The Last Supper painting is open to the public from Tuesday to Saturday, 8.15 AM. to 7 PM. On Sundays, it is open from 2 PM. to 7 PM.